Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group, L.L.C. (“ABMG”) will collect, retain and use information about individual customers only when and to the extent we believe the information would be useful to administer our business, in accordance with the law. It is the policy of Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group to have a continuing obligation to respect the privacy of its customers and to protect the security and confidentiality of our customers’ non-public information. Non-public information (“NPI”) includes, but is not limited to our customers’ names, their personal addresses, their telephone numbers, their Social Security numbers, their date of birth, their credit history, and their employment history.
How we collect your information:
Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group may collect NPI about our customers from the following sources:
- Information that is provided to Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group on loan applications or other forms connected to the loan by the customer, or communications with the customers (e.g. electronic messages, posted mail, face-to-face meetings, telephone conversations, internet forms, telephone conversations, etc.).
- Information about the customer’s transaction with us or others.
- Information received from credit bureaus or real estate appraisers.
- Information received from third party sources concerning your credit, banking and deposit information, and employment.
- Information received from completed applications and contact forms via our website.
How we use your information:
We may share all the information that we collect, as described above, for the following reasons:
- To improve our services and products available to you.
- To one or more of our investors when your loans and its servicing is sold to an investor (as disclosed in other documents, we may not hold or service your loan.).
- To comply with government regulations.
- To provide anonymous statistical analysis of web page traffic patterns.
How you can further protect your privacy online:
- Keep your account number, username and password safe.
- Keep your anti-virus software up-to-date and only use secured web browsing when entering personal information.
- Never open an email from an unknown source and never click on a link from an email that asks for your account information, username or password.
How we use web technologies:
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account.
When you use our services or view content provided by Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Location information: When you use a location-enabled Google service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers: Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers:We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website, and this may include:
- Sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
Our responsibility to you:
It is our obligation to the customer to ensure the security and confidentiality of customer records and information; to protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such records; and to protect against unauthorized access to our use of such records or information which could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to our customers. Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group does not share information about our customers outside of Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group and its affiliates, unless permitted by Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 and other applicable federal or state laws and regulations. To that end, below please find Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group's policies and strategies to protect your NPI.
It is the customer’s right to “opt out” of a limited amount of NPI sharing. Opt out means that the customer may request Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group not share their NPI with any non-affiliated companies. Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group does not disclose any non-public personal information to anyone, except as permitted by law.
A customer’s right to opt out does not extend to the following:
- To third-party service providers to properly facilitate transactions.
- To companies that perform marketing services for Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group.
- To a company as part of a sale of business.
- To regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials.
- To third-party entities for required risk analysis.
- To a third-party entity so as to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transaction, claims or other liability.
- To third-party entities so as to resolve consumer disputes or inquiries.
- To financial institutions with whom Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group maintains joint marketing agreements.
- To third-parties as directed by the customer.
To “opt out” please contact the Compliance Department at 866.877.3143. Confidentiality and Expiration of Policy Unless otherwise directed by the customer, Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group does not disclose the customer relationship. All information we collect is confidential. At no time will Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group cease to adhere to the privacy policies and practices stated in this notice. This includes when a customer chooses to end their relationship with Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group.
To maintain the security of customer information, we restrict access to the customer’s personal information to employees and authorized agents who need to know that information to provide the customer with products and services. Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group so values our obligation to your privacy, we require all employees to sign an agreement outlining our policy. This notice serves as a standard for our employees and is posted conspicuously throughout our branches. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to maintain the confidentiality of your information. We also regularly assess new technology and developments in this area and upgrade these safeguards as appropriate.